As you can tell, I'm a chatty person. I like to share information about reading, writing, and being an author. I've been to teacher conferences, professional group meetings, libraries, and schools across the country telling young and old about the joys of writing and reading books. If you'd like me to visit with your group, I'd love to come.
Here's some information about my presentations:
Since I write for preschoolers through adults, I feel comfortable speaking
with any age reader. Of course, the smaller the size audience the more
comfortable participants usually feel asking questions and making comments.
At schools, students like being with a couple classes in a cozy school
library. But any size group in any setting works for me. Just let me
know, so I can bring visuals everyone can see and enough bookmarks for
kids or handouts for adults.
- the fun of nonfiction
- the detective work involved in research and finding fun facts
- the reading-writing connection
Each session contains information about:
- writing idea sparkers
- various writing formats
- writing practices
- steps to publishing a book
- writing tips
I also conduct writing and other educational workshops and take requests, targeting information to different audiences.
Odds and Ends:
- Student presentations last between 30 and 60 minutes, depending upon the age of participants.
- Presentations have different focuses for different grades.
- Presentations come with lots of visuals, from a map, blownup pictures, and gross tooth collection to a slide/powerpoint presentation.
- I can usually give four presentations per day without getting too tongue-tied and forgetting my name and who I told what.
- My fee varies according to the number of days involved and whether the workshop/presentation requires an overnight stay or not. Requestors pay all travel costs in addition to my fee.
I GUARANTEE YOUR GROUP WILL HAVE FUN AND LEARN SOMETHING, TOO!